Sunday, August 3, 2008

Shirataki Noodles


Shirataki means white waterfall in Japanese
Servings per Container- 2.3
Serving Size - 3oz
Calories - 0
Fat - 0
Protein - 0
Carbohydrate - 1gm - only fiber
Sugar - 0
Protein - 0
Zero Net Carbs, Zero Calories

Ingredients : Water, glucomannan (soluble fiber), calcium additive.
No soy, gluten, or wheat.
Join the thousands that have invigorated and recharged their diets in a new healthy direction.
Impress your friends with your new discovery and find a delicious new way to lower your carbohydrate intake by eating pasta again, guilt free.

O.k now tell me how'd they do that? Well... this in from a friend:

These are non-soy shirataki noodles and they're not bad. They are mostly water, so there is very little substance to them. They're made from a veggie called "elephant yam" (not related to other yams) and will take on the flavor of whatever you add to it, just like normal pasta.

I tried them and was impressed! I left one out and allowed it to dry out and there was only a very thin ribbon of noodle left once the water evaporated, probably 95% or or better water.

I get them at a local Asian store, for $1.00 a bag, I know of one place that sells them online, they are calling them Miracle Noodles and you'll pay a pretty penny for that Miracle.

I stir fry vegees, add a can of diced tomatoes, season to my liking and pour my mixture over these noodles... YUM!