Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fruit Pops



Well I'm allowed strawberries on this HCG Protocol. As we all know food choices are limited and can get boring.... No matter how much I love strawberries.

It's hot today, the hottest day so far this summer. I buy the large bag of frozen strawberries at Costco. I took some out and allowed them to thaw, I had quite a puddle of strawberry juice, once they thawed completely. I heated up the juice, along with about a cup of water and added a heaping tablespoon of Agar powder, once dissolved I poured it back into the bowl of strawberries, and used a stick mixer to blend, till smooth and added some Stevia for sweetness. I then poured the mixture into Popsicle molds.

I could have just poured it into a dessert dish and eaten it as strawberry parfait/jello type dish. But as I said it's HOT, so Popsicles it is...yum! These are going to be very filling due to the agar and great for regularity, with all that healthy 0 calorie vegan powder.